The Ellis School of Nursing participates in the statewide LPN to RN Transition Course.
A licensed practical nurse applicant who meets all admission requirements is eligible for direct placement into Nursing 102 and advanced placement for 15 credits within the curriculum upon successful completion of this course. (NUR 101, Nutrition, Pharmacology, 3 credit elective).
For advanced placement into the ESON program, LPN applicants must:
- hold current LPN registration in a U.S. jurisdictioncomplete an application and be accepted into the Ellis School of Nursing
- earn a grade of C or better in Anatomy & Physiology I less than 5 years prior to application
- earn a grade of C or better in Introduction to Psychology
- successfully complete the statewide LPN-RN Transition Course
- and complete the orientation program provided by the school
To learn more about the Ellis School of Nursing, please call 518.243.4471.