Volunteer Opportunities at Ellis
Volunteers at Ellis Medicine
Volunteers are an integral part of the Ellis Medicine family, giving of their time and skills in many areas of the organization. Diverse in age (the minimum age is 15 years old), backgrounds and experience, the volunteers are an important resource as Ellis continues to provide exceptional care to the community.
A volunteer is asked to share a minimum of 2-4 hours per week of time at Ellis. Volunteers are needed throughout the Ellis organization and a wide range of volunteer opportunities is available.
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
Currently, we're seeking volunteers to help in the following areas:
Medical Center of Clifton Park, 103 Sitterly Road, Clifton Park
- Welcome, direct/escort patients to appropriate service area.
- Assist in meeting the non-medical needs of patients in the Emergent Care area.
Volunteers are needed 7 days a week, various shifts including late afternoon and early evening. Juniors and Seniors in high school are welcome to apply.
Bellevue Woman's Center, 2210 Troy-Schenectady Road, Niskayuna
- Assist with light office work.
Ellis Hospital, 1101 Nott Street, Schenectady
- Escort patients after they have registered for appointments.
- Register patients and assist with light office work the Bruggeman Center.
- Assist with office work, especially filing, in various office areas.
Ellis Health Center, 600 McClellan Street, Schenectady
- Transport (by wheel chair) residents of the Ellis Residential and Rehabilitation Center to worship services.
- Sit with the residents prior to and following worship services.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities or would like to explore other volunteer options at Ellis, please call the Volunteer Services Department at 518.243.4009.
As a volunteer, one person does make a difference!