We're dedicated to quality & serving the community
Among Ellis Medicine's honors:
- A New York State designated Primary Stroke Center and recipient of the Gold/Gold Plus Award from the American Stroke Association (2007-2012).
- A fully accredited Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatic Surgery.
- A Blue Distinction Center for Knee & Hip Replacement as awarded by BlueCross BlueShield of Northeastern New York.
- Among the nation's top 101 spine and neurosurgery programs by Becker's Hospital Review.
- 2012 MassExcellence Gold Baldrige Award winner, recognized for our dedication and work to create a culture and systems where innovation and performance excellence become the accepted norm.
Overview of quality measures and financial summary
Each year, Ellis Medicine compiles a Community Service & Quality Report. This publication serves to provide the public with information about hospital programs that address identified health needs, with explicit attention paid to disadvantaged members of our service area. The report also provides an annual financial summary and an overview of quality measures. If you have any questions about this report or would like to receive more information, please call 518.243.3466.
2012 Community Service & Quality Report
Additionally, as a not-for-profit hospital, Ellis Medicine, working in conjunction with Schenectady County Public Health Services and other community partners, is required by the state Department of Health to compile a Community Service Plan to address identified health priorities in our service area.
2010-2012 Community Service Plan
As a not-for-profit organization, Ellis Medicine is dedicated to being a good steward of its resources. To this end, Ellis Medicine, which is overseen by a volunteer board of trustees, strives to be as transparent as possible in its operations. In addition to the financial summary in our annual community report, we invite you to view the following financial information:
Ellis Medicine Audited Financial Statement
Ellis Medicine Form 990 and Form 990-T Year 2011.
To learn more about Ellis Medicine, please call 1.888.Ellis Info (1.888.355.4746).