Quality of Life
Providing social, spiritual and recreational opportunities
At Ellis Residential & Rehabilitation Center, we strive to provide our residents/patients with a positive quality of life. We understand health care goes beyond the technical aspects of medicine - social and spiritual factors must be attended to as well.
That's why we promote families staying connected in a number of ways:
- Visiting hours accommodate family schedules
- Daily social and recreational events can be attended by residents/patients and their families. These include musical concerts, arts and crafts, social events, pet visits, life skills activities, discussion groups, exercise groups, current events sessions, bingo, Nintendo Wii computer games, board games, therapeutic activities for residents with special needs, visits from schools and community groups, trips into the community, chef cooking demonstrations and meetings of the Red Hat Society, a social/civic group.
- Worship opportunities, as well as a range of services to help meet the spiritual needs of residents/patients and their families, are provided through the hospitals Pastoral Care department.
- Hair salon services are made available for residents/patients within our facility.
- Free wireless internet access at our Cyber Center and throughout the facility so our residents/patients can stay in touch with their loved ones across the miles.
- Free local telephone and cable television service
For more information about the Ellis Residential & Rehabilitation Center, please call 518.382.2250.