Cardiac Teams for Integrated Care
Progressive team model achieves better outcomes
Ellis is leading the way in healthcare innovation with a new emphasis on team-based care. We’ve developed specialized teams to treat individuals suffering from chest pain, for cardiac care and for heart surgery. This team approach is unique for a community hospital; it provides a deeper level of care and leverages the experience of our cardiac staff to deliver more personalized, integrated treatment.
By bringing together cardiologists, physician assistants, nurses and specialists in our care teams, we can assure that our patients receive carefully coordinated care at every stage. They don’t just know each other, they work together on every case. Our teams make rounds together so that each member is familiar with the patient’s condition and care plan. Together they can answer questions, anticipate next steps and facilitate treatment of heart conditions.
Our team model helps streamline the care process so we can provide quicker diagnosis and faster treatments. It’s an approach that’s helping Ellis reinvent cardiac care to improve outcomes, reduce hospital stays and lower costs for every patient we treat.
Benefits of the team approach:
- Cardiac expertise: Our team members are highly trained and experienced in cardiac care.
- Accurate diagnosis: Familiarity with cardiac symptoms allows more timely and accurate diagnoses of heart conditions.
- Early treatment: Quick response and and practiced care protocols can help prevent more serious and life-threatening effects.
- Integrated care: Every stage of a patient’s care is understood and carefully coordinated by the the team.
Members of our cardiac team:
- Cardiac Surgeon: Performs surgical procedures to treat conditions such as coronary blockages and faulty valves.
- Diagnostic Cardiologist: Interprets diagnostic images to identify heart conditions.
Interventional Cardiologist: Trained in preventing or stopping heart attacks and reversing coronary blockages.
- Catheterization Lab Technician: Assists physicians with invasive cardiovascular procedures.
- Electrophysiologist: Specializes in diagnosis and treatment of irregular heart rhythms.
- Mid-level Providers: Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners support physicians in their subspecialties.
- Nurses: Trained medical professionals who provide ongoing care for cardiac patients.
- Imaging Specialist/Radiologist: Trained in the latest medical imaging technology to diagnose and pinpoint heart conditions.
For more information about Ellis Medicine’s Wright Heart Center or Emergency Department, please call 518.831.8840.