Bellevue Woman's Center Expansion and Modernization Project
Expanding care at the region’s only inpatient health facility dedicated to women
Location: Troy-Schenectady Road, Niskayuna
Objective: To expand and update our women's care facilities in order to better serve patients and their families.
Photos: View photos of Bellevue's ribbon cutting.
- Additional private patient rooms for a total of 28 private and six semi-private rooms;
- A three-bay Labor-Delivery-Recovery triage room (we have one of the largest obstetric programs in Northeastern New York, delivering more than 2,500 babies each year);
- An expansion of Bellevue's Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (one of only three in Northeastern NY);
- The relocation of the Neil and Jane Golub Breast & Heart Health Center to new, larger space to include mammography, bone density, ultrasound and stereotactic breast biopsy services;
- Redesigned lobby to improve comfort for families.
Project Cost: $17 million
Funding: Borrowing and Philanthropy
Timeline: Construction is underway. Maternity patient rooms and the Neil and Jane Golub Breast & Heart Health Center were completed in December 2012. The rest of the Bellevue addition is due by December 2013.